How dangerous is mold in your home?

0 votes
asked Mar 28 in Maintenance/Repairs by smallbook (580 points)
How dangerous is mold in your home?

1 Answer

0 votes
answered Mar 29 by Dalepointer (970 points)
Mold in your home is pretty dangerous as mold can cause health issues such as lung disease, asthma, breathing issues, watery eyes, coughing, serious allergic reactions and even permanent lung damage.

Mold removal from your home or business can be pretty expensive depending on how much mold you have in your home or business that needs removed.

If you have some mold in your crawlspace or just in one room then the cost of professional mold removal may cost only $500.00 to $600.00

If you have more mold in more rooms then the mold removal cost could go up to as much as $3,000.00 to $6,000.00

When you have mold on your drywall the moldy drywall needs to be removed and hauled away and then mold spores need to be killed inside the walls as well.

Then new drywall would need to go up so just removing the mold in your home is only part of the repair as you need new drywall and sometimes new insulation as well if the insulation has molded as well.

Mold can be very dangerous to your health so you should always get mold removed before it spreads farther and does more damage to both your home and even your health.

Lung issues and other breathing issues can occur when you breathe in that mold.

If you have dampness in your home and getting mold then you should use a dehumidifier to help remove that humidity and moisture from the home.

You should also use a fan that vents to the outside in your bathroom so that the steam from the shower goes outside and does not stay in the house.

39,303 questions

43,462 answers


1,830,557 users