What is Hobby Lobby glitter made of?

0 votes
asked May 26, 2023 in Polls/Surveys by isfunyesitis (1,140 points)
What is Hobby Lobby glitter made of?

1 Answer

0 votes
answered May 26, 2023 by Cathy21 (85,770 points)
Hobby Lobby glitter is made of plastic that is coated with aluminum to create the reflective surface of the glitter.

Some glitter is also made from polyvinyl chloride (PVC) which is another plastic material.

Kids glitter is made of plastic core and polyester PET film.

PET, when it breaks down releases chemicals which are harmful to humans and animals and can also disrupt human and animal hormones.

Glitter is not allowed in preschools or daycare as it's messy and get can in a child's eyes and the child may also eat it which could cause problems.

Toddlers can play with glitter but you must watch then closely so they don't try and eat it.

It's best though to wait until the child is at least 3 to 4 years old to allow them to play with glitter as younger kids tend to put more things in their mouths.

Glitter is also messy and toddlers can make a really bad mess with glitter which is hard to clean up.

Glitter is not a choking hazard in small amounts although in larger amounts the glitter can become a choking hazard.

If your child ate a small amount of glitter then they will likely be okay and all you will need to do is take the glitter away and wipe their mouth out with a wet washcloth and give them some water.

However if your child ate a large amount of glitter then you should take them to the emergency room for treatment.

Glitter is not harmful if swallowed in small amounts as the glitter will go through your system and be pooped out eventually.

However swallowing lots of glitter could become harmful and a choking hazard.

The plastic glitter will pass through the digestive system of a healthy person without causing any harm. Most glitters are made from some form of plastic that will not be digested when eaten.

Small tastes of glitter is generally considered non-toxic and will pass through the stomach without causing harm.

If you notice that your child has ingested glitter, do not panic.

Take the glitter away from the child and wipe their mouth out with a soft wet cloth.

You may give them some water.

Glitter is an assortment of flat small, reflective particles that are precision cut and come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colors.

Glitter particles reflect light at different angles, causing the surface to sparkle or shimmer.

Glitter is similar to confetti, sparkles and sequins, but somewhat smaller.

Most glitter is made out of a combination of aluminum and polyethylene terephthalate (PET).

Also, some craft glitters are made from metal and glass.

Modern glitter was invented in 1934 in New Jersey by an American cattle rancher/machinist named Henry Ruschmann.

Modern glitter was invented in 1934 by American machinist Henry Ruschmann.

Before then, glitter was made out of glass, but World War II rendered that unavailable.

Even before the war, however, early drag queens (unable to afford glass glitter) often sported in-your-face shiny jewelry and shimmering costumes.

103,068 questions

101,626 answers


7,028,607 users