How do you tell if there's a fire in your wall?

0 votes
asked Jul 10, 2022 in Other-Home/Garden by nofuks (1,040 points)
How do you tell if there's a fire in your wall?

1 Answer

0 votes
answered Jul 10, 2022 by Higgonbottom (13,070 points)
Most fires in your wall are a result of an electrical fire.

Signs that you may have a fire in your wall are a plastic burning smell, wall is hot to the touch, outlets are hot.

You'll know if your home is in danger of an electrical fire if you see (or smell) these signs: Circuit breaker keeps tripping.

Persisting burnt smell with no identifiable source. Several discolored or charred outlets and switches.

If you think a fire may be in your wall call the fire department and have them come check it out to be safe.

The time of day that most house fires occur is between the early morning hours of 5:00 AM to 6:00 AM and at night during the house of 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM and also between the hours of 11:00 PM to 7:00 AM when people are sleeping.

House fires can start at night for a variety of reasons such as frayed cords, overloaded outlets, bad electrical wiring, space heaters that are faulty or flammables getting too close to the space heater, electric blanket etc.

Bedding, carpeting, draperies, and other creature comforts of your bedroom are often the first items ignited in a fire.

The number one cause of house fires is unattended cooking.

Other causes of house fires are bad electrical wiring, frayed cords, space heaters, curtains too close to flames.

The chances of a house fire are 1 in a million.

The number one cause of house fires is unattended cooking.

Make sure that you stay in the room while you are cooking with a heat source.

A fire will sometimes wake you up but not always.

Sometimes the heat of the fire or the smell of the smoke will wake you up.

However not every fire will wake everyone up so it's important to have a smoke alarm to wake you and your family up.

Always install a working smoke detector to wake you and your family up and change the batteries often and test it often as well.

Some fire departments will give you smoke detectors and even install them for some people for free.

Breathing in even small amounts of smoke and toxic gas can make you drowsy, disoriented, and short of breath.

Many people die from lack of oxygen before fire reaches a room because it sucks all of the oxygen out of the room, replacing it with smoke and toxic gas.

If a fire starts while you are asleep, it will warn you of the danger at a time when you most likely would not detect it.

A fire also releases large amounts of deadly gases, including carbon monoxide, which will actually put you in a deeper sleep.

It is dangerous to sleep in a house after a fire, regardless of how small or big the fire was.

The main source of danger during fire outbreaks is smoke, and smoke is usually produced whether the fire is localized or spread to the entire house.

This poisonous smoke can make the victim feel lightheaded, dizzy, or disoriented, making it harder for them to escape.

If a person faints or falls unconscious, they will continue to breathe in the harmful smoke, which only compounds its effects.

If you are ever in a fire, make every effort to get out right away.

What happens to a body in a house fire?

The smoke can restrict oxygen flow into the body and contain poisons which can be lethal.

The heat of the fire will cause significant damage to the body.

The fire will cause the soft tissues to contract, which causes the skin to tear and the fat and muscles to shrink.

The internal organs will also shrink.

104,805 questions

104,744 answers


7,046,746 users