Is roach spray toxic?

0 votes
asked May 25, 2022 in Other-Home/Garden by teabagdia (540 points)
Is roach spray toxic?

1 Answer

0 votes
answered May 26, 2022 by Oweelsee (2,430 points)
Roach spray including Raid roach spray is toxic to humans as well as pets.

However when used as directed the roach spray should not cause any harm to humans or pets.

Raid usually works within a few minutes to an hour of spraying the bugs.

Most times ants will die instantly or near instantly with Raid as well as roaches although some bugs may take a bit longer to die after being sprayed with Raid insecticide.

If you inhale Raid Spray you should get outside and get some Fresh air.

Inhaling small amounts of Raid spray is unlikely to cause you any harm and simply getting out into some fresh air can help.

If you inhaled large amounts of Raid spray and are having trouble breathing then you should see a doctor or go to urgent care.

After spraying Raid the Raid smell lasts for around 20 to 30 minutes.

However in some cases it may take around an hour or 2 hours for the Raid smell to fully go away.

Ventilating the room by opening windows can help get rid of the Raid smell faster.

Raid Ant and Roach spray is safe for use around pets as long as you don't get the spray in the pets food or allow them to lick surfaces.

However if your pet did accidentally lick a surface that Raid was sprayed in then they likely would not be harmed if it's a small amount.

Ant spray is toxic to humans and pets if breathed in or ingested.

However when used as directed and as long as you don't breathe it in too much the ant spray is not toxic and should cause no harm to pets and humans.

Some ant and roach spray can kill wasps although not all ant and roach spray will kill the wasps.

To effectively kill wasps you should get some actual wasps spray that is guaranteed to kill wasps.

You can also use brake cleaner to kill wasps as well but wasp spray works best.

Ant killer does kill some other insects.

Most ant killer is made to also kill roaches as well as other insects although it depends on the insect as some insects may not be killed with Raid or other ant killer.

Raid ant killer works by interfering with the ants and bugs digestive system which is what eventually kills them.

The ant spray also suffocates the ant which kills them and coats their body which affects the ants nervous system.

The active ingredient in the bait interferes with the ants' digestive systems, eventually killing the ants within 24-48 hours after consumption.

This slow kill gives the worker ants enough time to make multiple trips to the bait and share it with the colony and queen.

Raid can be put on carpet although it's best to not use Raid on carpet unless you try a small spot first.

Sometimes Raid can cause damage to some types of carpets or cause changes in the color of the carpet.

Spray the Raid in a small spot such as in the corner of the carpet and test it to be sure it does not harm your carpet.

Raid also makes a carpet and upholstery version of the Raid Spray that is safe to spray on carpet and upholstery without damaging them.

Raid can be cancerous to some people who are constantly exposed to it.

Just like other insecticides and other chemicals can lead to cancer developing from long term exposure.

However as long as you're not always exposed to it or only use Raid once in awhile it's unlikely you'll develop any cancer or other illness from using Raid.

Although products such as Raid are relatively safe to humans (when used as intended), the act of huffing, smoking, snorting, vaping, plugging, drinking and/or injecting Raid or other bug sprays can cause irreversible neurological damage, or even death.

After spraying Raid insecticide you should not sleep in your room as the chemicals could make you sick when breathing them in.

Try sleeping in a different room or even on the couch until the Raid smell has gone away.

Raid is toxic to humans if ingested or if you don't wash your hands after using Raid or get Raid on surfaces that could then get in contact with food.

Also breathing in Raid can be toxic if you breathe the Raid in too much.

However for the most part Raid is safe to use around humans and pets but don't allow any kid to touch surfaces sprayed with Raid and don't allow pets to eat food that has been on surfaces that Raid has been sprayed on either.

When used properly Raid is pretty safe.

Raid contains two chemicals that are not safe: Cypermethrin and Imiprothrin.

When they are inhaled, they can cause congestion, difficulty breathing, and extensive coughing.

Raid may also cause asthma. Cypermethrin can also lead to pneumonitis.

The Raid insecticide is harmful to you as it contains toxic chemicals; hence you can't sleep in the room after its immediate application.

To be on the safer side, it is advisable not to sleep in the room if you have sprayed it with the raid.

After spraying Raid or other bug killing chemicals in your home you should open windows to get some ventilation and also go outside for awhile until the chemicals dissipate in the home.

It's best not to breathe in those chemicals when you don't have too.

Whenever I spray Raid or other chemicals in the house I open windows when possible and leave the house for a few hours to allow the chemical to dissipate.

104,375 questions

104,026 answers


7,042,769 users