A computer that restarts when you shut it down can be a problem with the drivers or the operating system has a problem.
You may need to perform updates on the computers operating system too.
To fix a computer such as Windows 10 computer that restarts when it's shut down follow the steps below.
Check and follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key and the R key to open the Run search box.
2. Type in control, click on OK.
3. Select Power options. in the upper left portion select Choose what the power buttons do. Then click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
4. Under Shutdown settings remove the check for the box to Fast turn on fast startup (Recommended).
5. Click on Save changes.
IF this will not solve it, next will be below:
1. Press Win+R, type in regedit and hit Enter to open the Registry Editor.
2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Control > SessionManager > Power.
3. Set the value of HiberbootEnabled to 0.
Lastly, do this:
1. Go into my computer right click properties
then get into device manager.
2. Under network, adapters find your driver right click and make sure that under power management tab you un click let device start-up computer.
If that is not the problem with your computer restarting when shutting it down it could be another issue such as a hardware issue or driver issue.
Check for driver or program issues in Clean Boot State mode Specific programs or corrupt drivers may lead to an unexpected reboot after shutdown.
Boot the system into Clean Boot State and try to locate the program or driver that's causing the problem by disabling one application after another.